The nose has a crucial role in facial harmony. A poorly shaped or disproportionately large nose may disrupt a person’s aesthetic and have emotional consequences. Additionally, structural imperfections of the nose may cause bothersome breathing problems including snoring and congestion. Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that addresses cosmetic and functional nasal concerns to improve the balance between facial features and restore a patient’s ability to breathe. After a detailed and thorough consultation appointment, Dr. Pedro Puebla can devise a customized rhinoplasty plan to produce results that complement your unique anatomy and enhance your self-confidence.
Ideal Candidates for Rhinoplasty
The best candidates for rhinoplasty must be in good health and have a realistic expectation of their procedure. Both adult and teen patients may consider this procedure if they can relate to any of the following concerns:
- Poor nasal shape or angle
- A disproportionately large nose
- Overly large or poorly shaped nostrils
- A drooping nasal tip
- Breathing difficulties or chronic congestion
- Open rhinoplasty: Incisions are created along the base of the columella to reveal and address the imperfections of the nasal structures. This technique provides optimal visualization of the nose and allows for extensive correction.
- Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are placed within the nasal passages, providing scarless improvement. This technique is ideal for producing minor improvements to concerns within the nose.
- Septoplasty: This procedure is designed to correct a deviated septum so that it is straight and positioned at the center of the nose. Septoplasty may require removing or replacing nasal cartilage to address breathing difficulties.
- Nostril resizing/reshaping: Patients with flared, misshapen, or asymmetrical nostrils can benefit from this procedure. Depending on the desired extent of correction, nose resizing or reshaping may be performed during an open or closed rhinoplasty.
The recovery after rhinoplasty depends on the necessary extent of correction and which rhinoplasty techniques are used. In many cases, a nasal splint is placed over the nose to support and protect it as it heals. Nasal packing may also be inserted into the nostrils. Some discomfort, bruising, and swelling may occur, but these side effects usually dissipate significantly within two weeks. Dr. Puebla prescribes medication to help manage pain during recovery. All rhinoplasty patients are offered a two-night stay at the hospital so that they can be monitored for any postoperative complications. Patients are asked to come back for a follow-up appointment seven days after a rhinoplasty procedure to allow Dr. Puebla to check the progression of healing.
Patients may notice minor swelling for up to one year, but the outcome should be apparent within a few weeks of the procedure. Rhinoplasty permanently alters the appearance and structure of the nose. Patients can enjoy their results for years as long as they follow all aftercare directions and do not experience nasal trauma after surgery.
Crisalix 3D Imaging
Individuals who are considering plastic surgery with Dr. Puebla can visualize their potential results with Crisalix 3D imaging technology exclusively at our Tijuana office. The Crisalix 3D device creates a three-dimensional simulation of the target area(s) before surgery so patients can see what their improvements will look like using various techniques. Patients are given access to their Crisalix images during their initial consultation with Dr. Puebla.
Patients who undergo elective surgery can have a revision procedure in the future. No matter which cosmetic procedure you opt for, your body and face will continue to age naturally. If you have excess weight on your body, you may still experience fat deposits that need to be taken care of with additional liposuction treatments. The same goes for wanting a bigger buttocks or hips, extra rounds of treatment may be necessary to achieve your desired result. Aging, sagging, scarring, and other changes are attributed mainly to genetics and your aftercare routine. Should you desire revision surgery one year after your initial procedure, necessary fees may be required for the hospital, surgical facility, lab work, and medical supplies or devices (i.e., breast or facial implants). These revision surgeries will be personalized per patient, and there will always be a discounted rate available for return patients. Only patients who follow the recommended postoperative protocol and attend all follow-up appointments will qualify for the revision policy and associated courtesies.